November has come to a close and we certainly have a lot to be thankful for. We saw the passage of three Constitutional Amendments which met our Platform, saw two Republicans advance to runoffs in Special Elections, we saw more candidates file than this time last cycle, and much more! Our gaze remains leveled on the 2020 election where we will fight to win each and every seat possible!
The month began with the Texas Constitutional Amendment Election and Special Elections for various House Districts across the state. I am thrilled that all three proposed amendments that met platform planks were passed by voters. Thanks to the passage of amendments 4,5, and 8:
- Texans are protected from a state income tax ever being passed in Austin
- Truth in taxation is provided
- A flood mitigation fund is provided
Two strong Republican leaders made it to runoffs in special elections for state representative. Congratulations to Gary Gates in HD 28 and Luis La Rotta in HD 148. RPT is working to support both candidates in their campaigns. Don’t Forget to get out and vote on January 28,2020 if you live in HD 28 or HD 148!
We also had two successful events with Donald Trump, Jr. and Kimberly Guilfoyle in Dallas and Houston in November. I am thankful Don, Jr. offered to make the Texas launch of his book Triggered a fundraising opportunity for the Republican Party of Texas. Over 1,200 people attended the events. We could not have had these successful events without the help of our many volunteers in Dallas and Houston-Thank You!
This past month, RPT Headquarters has been busy receiving the ballot filing applications for candidates whose district is in more than one county. The deadline to file to appear on the primary ballot is December 9, 2019 at 6 pm. We need strong Republican leadership up and down the ballot and across the state.
Other pictures from the month of November:
This month I presented the Red Alert to-
Like and subscribe to our YouTube Channel to get these updates in real time!
- Republican Gary Gates Advances to Runoff in the HD 28 Special Election
- Republican Luis La Rotta Advances to Runoff in the HD 148 Special Election
- The Republican Party of Texas Calls on Chuck Schumer to Stop Blocking the Bipartisan Bill to Lower Prescription Drug Prices
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott Elected Republican Governors Association Chairman
- Governor Greg Abbott Calls on State Agencies to Cut Fees and Reduce Licensing Regulation
If you want to be in the loop on news about your Texas Republican Party and elected officials, text TXNEWS to 72000 now!
Chairman, Republican Party of Texas
Source: RPT Updates from Chairman